Kashmir distinct from all the other hill stations in India primarily being discovered by the Mughals and not by British. Kashmir is encircled by three mountain ranges of the Himalayas- Karakoram, Zanskar and PirPanjal, running from northwest to northeast. Forming the backdrop of Kashmir, these snowcapped ranges make Kashmir look like a picture straight out of a fairytale. Dazzling rivers, Serene lakes, splendid gardens, flowering meadows are some other features of the landscape of the Kashmir valley. The handicrafts of Kashmir are almost as popular as its scenic beauty. The Popular handicrafts of the valley are Pashmina shawls, silk carpets, papier-mâché products, Exquisite woodwork, copperware, silverware, and a number of other crafts. Don’t forget to buy Some Saffron while you are there. All on this trip to The “Switzerland of the East”
DAY 01: SRINAGAR TO PAHALGAM (95 KMS / 03 HRS – ONE WAY)
Arrival Srinagar Airport. You will be travelling along with a travel buddy from KareVoyage Upon arrival we will proceed to Pahalgam, also called as “Valley of Shepherds” situated at the confluence of the streams flowing from Sheshnag Lake and the Lidder River, Pahalgam (2,130 m) was once a humble shepherd’s Village with breath-taking views. Now it is Kashmir’s premier resort, cool even during the height of summer when the maximum temperature does not exceed 25C. If weather permits we will have bonfire in the evening today.
Overnight at hotel in Pahalgam.
DAY 02: PAHALGAM
After breakfast we will proceed for sightseeing of Aru Valley & Betaab valley. Overnight at hotel in Pahalgam. (We will be hiring local taxis here, as our cars will not be allowed to travel, the cost of these taxis is already included in the offer)
DAY 03: PAHALGAM TO GULMARG (150 KMS / 04 HRS – ONE WAY)
After breakfast you will be driven to Gulmarg. With the setting up of the Gondola Cable Car, Gulmarg has become the highest lift-served ski resort in the world providing a downhill ski run of 5.2 km from a height of 14,000 ft in the Apharwat range. It is also the longest gondola served ski-lift in Asia. Overnight at hotel in Gulmarg.
DAY 04: GULMARG
After breakfast take a fun-filled Gondola Ride. Overnight at hotel in Gulmarg.
DAY 05: GULMARG TO SONAMARG (130 KMS / 03 & 1/2 HRS ONE WAY)
After breakfast you will be driven to Sonamarg. Situated at an altitude of 2730 m. Sonamarg – 84 Kms is also called as “The meadow of Gold” has, as its backdrop, snowy mountains against a cerulean sky. The Sindh River that meanders through the valley abounds with trout and Mahseer. Overnight at camp in Sonamarg.
DAY 06: SONAMARG TO SRINAGAR (84 KMS / 02 & 1/2 HRS ONE WAY)
After breakfast ponies can be hired for the trip up to Thajiwas Glacier, which is a major local attraction during the summer month. Later you will be driven to Srinagar. Evening you can go for shikara ride. Overnight at hotel in Srinagar.
DAY 07: SRINAGAR LOCAL SIGHTSEEING
After breakfast visit Mughal Gardens visiting Nishat Bagh, Shalimar Bagh, Cheshmashahi & Pari Mahal.
Rest of the day is at leisure or go for shopping. Overnight at hotel in Srinagar.
DAY 08: DEPART SRINAGAR (FLY OUT)
You will cherish these memories for lifetime, this is something we can guarantee. If time permits you can go for some shopping and later catch our flight back home
- Airfares – Ex Delhi
- Stay in Handpicked 4 star Hotels
- 7 Breakfast, 7 Lunch, 7 Dinner- All Days
- All internal Road Transport. (By Innovas- 4 Guests Per car ONLY)
- Taxis in Pahalgam (Sighseeing)
- All the fees and charges for visit of Monuments, Gardens & Museum
- Gulmarg- Gondola Ride ( Phase 1)
- Shikara Ride on Dal lake
- Breakfasts and Dinners will be served in the hotel.
- Lunches will be in Restaurants or will organize picnic lunches as and when appropriate
- Camp Stay in Sonmarg
- 5% GST
- Tips, laundry, telephone/ fax calls, beverages, airport departure tax.
- Meals and drinks not part of the group menu.
- Travel Insurance
- Pony Rides in Pahalgam and Gulmarg
KareVoyage Comfort :
• For our Elder travelers who wish to avail home-to home service for pick up and drop we will be happy to assist you with the same – At nominal additional cost – (Applicable for guests joining us from Delhi & NCR region.
• Before we start any trip as a practice and for your utmost comfort we gather all information pertaining to your day to day activities, medical history, eating habits, in order to give you a true wholesome experience.
• We will host a small get- together before we embark on the journey, the camaraderie is even better once you know your fellow travelers joining you for a tour.
We believe in transparency and deliver what we promise.
Please Note :
1. Itinerary can be changed as per museum’s opening days & availability of slots.
2. City tour route depends on present traffic & other situations. Guide and your Tour Leader can take decision about the same as per present situation while touring.
3. Portage/any, kind of tips/ telephone calls / laundry / Liquor & juice used from hotel room fridge / Paid T.V. channels at hotel rooms etc not included.
We try to support as much as we can in event that you have to cancel your tour because of reasons beyond your control.
However, our cancellation policy is aligned with our various service providers and it varies from country to country, for Kashmir it goes as under ::
Upto 90 Days before departure date: 25% of package amount
89-60 days: 75% of tour package cost
59-45 days: 100%
We are delighted to see how India fought the pandemic and graph has almost flattened.
Incase a guest before departure gets COVID, 100% refund will be provided by the hotel & airlines. (Report will be required)
Incase government decides to ban travel due to Pandemic to the said location, airline will refund or adjust the amount for future travel.
We have contracted with the hotels in a way to give us the flexibility of 100% refund incase of cancellation due to COVID related emergency.
Karevoyage- for 50 plus wanderers- is an exclusive travel and tour company dedicated for travel enthusiasts, who prefer to travel the globe and explore but in a group environment.
The KareVoyage team understands the gap and works very hard on how to deliver on what we promise. Keeping all current gaps that people over 50 experience while